Stories from our lives about fashion, love, joy and problems
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Best dressed list 2012; Gowns :)
2012 was a wonderful fashion year. So many nice designs everywhere! After long thinking I made to choose my top ten gala dresses of 2012.
1. Blake Lively in Zuhair Murad dress.
I am not Blake Lively’s fun, I can’t even remember that I watched her series or some of the movies, but I have to admit, that this dress is really hard to wear. A person has to have attitude, and she definitely has it. Her make up is perfect. She looks comfortable and sexy.
2. Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab Fall 2009 Couture.
Milla Jovovich looked stunning in February during the Oscar ceremony in Los Angeles. Although the dress was completely white, Mill didn’t look as a bride. She looked glamorous and beautiful.
3. Kate Middleton in Jenny Peckham. Usually dressed very conservative, Kate Middleton manages to step out sometimes like in this dress in May. She looked gorgues, and this color looked amazing on her.
4. Sarah Jessica Parker in Erdem 2009. Sarah hosted Nobel Peace concert event in December in Oslo, and she looked sensational in Erdem gown. Her makeup and accessorize were minimalistic, but really effective.
5. Keira Knightley in Erdem 2012. While promoting her latest movie Anna Karenina, Keira Knightley had had several amazing red carpet moments, but my favourite was her appearance in Los Angeles in this wonderful Erdem dress. She was beautiful and sweet in this look.
6. Natasha Poly in Gucci. Although I had no idea who Natasha was before I saw her wearing this dress, this is undoubted one of the best red carpet looks of the year. Natasha Poly is beautiful, her make up fits the dress and more importantly- she has a great attitude her. To me, she looks like a diva.
7. Rosie Huntington Whitley in Gucci Spring 2013. This was definitely one of my favorite looks of the year. Beautiful color and simple design looked sensational on the actress.
8. Nicole Kidman in Antonio Berrardi Spring 2013. Nicole Kidman is known for her elegant style, and it is always a pleasure to see her on red carpet. Her makeup and hair cut matched perfectly the dress, and she looked sensational and memorable.
9. Angelina Jolie in Versace. Angelina Jolie didn’t have too much work on red carpet this year. She was quite active in January-March period, but after that she was rarely present during premieres, film festivals etc. However, her outfits were as always very impressive and memorable. My favourite this year was Versace gown worn at Golden Globe ceremony. Everything about this look is perfect.
10.Kate Hudson in Versace. Kate Hudson deserved everyone’s attention this summer in Venice as she looked divine in this Versace Fall 2012 gown. The dress looked like it was made for her.
photos: zimbio (except Natasha Poly photo: bestow dress)